Hello book lovers! I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas and got lots of reading material!
At the end of the year, I can’t help but reflect on the books I’ve read. Did I accomplish my goals? Did I do lots of rereading? How many books did I read? Thankfully, Goodreads makes it easy to keep up with what I read throughout the year!
Let’s see how I did with my goals! (See original post here.)
1) Meet my Goodreads goal of 40 (new-to-me) books. DONE! I actually read 49 new-to-me books this year! This year I chose a lower goal for new books so I could do more rereading. I reread 20 books, bringing me to a total of 69 books for the year. (Possibly more if I do any reading in the next few days!)
2) Read two classics. …Didn’t happen. Why is it so hard for me to make myself read classics? Someone please recommend me a classic to read for 2016! (Preferably one that’s enjoyable and short.)
3) Read two non-fiction books. Okay, I read one and a half. I read Developing the Leader Within You by John C. Maxwell and half of Facing Your Giants by Max Lucado. I really enjoyed both! (I’ve also almost finished my annual Bible reading… does that count?)
4) Finish The Chronicles of Narnia series. I read The Horse and His Boy and absolutely loved it! Next is Prince Caspian. (Yes, yes, I know I didn’t finish the series. But at least I’m one book closer!)
5) Read the second Percy Jackson book (if not more!). Also didn’t do this, but I’ve been on a romance book kick this year, so.
So, it seems as though I did a terrible job at meeting the goals I set for myself a year ago, BUT I have had an incredibly good reading year. I rated 41 of the 69 books I read FIVE STARS. I discovered my favorite standalone, reread my favorite series, and also reread the first three Lunar Chronicles books in preparation for Winter! (Which was fabulous, of course.)
Below I’ve listed some of my favorite reads this year (that haven’t already been mentioned in this post). Click the link to go to that book’s Goodreads page!
Geek Girl by Holly Smale (I actually liked the second one better!)
I Am Princess X by Cherie Priest
Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
Stitching Snow by R.C. Lewis (Perfect for fans of The Lunar Chronicles!)
Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson
The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West (Did you seriously think I wouldn’t include Kasie West?)
Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins (A Most Favorite.)
To see everything I read this year, friend me on Goodreads!
What were your favorite 2015 reads?